The Chamber handles over 17,000 telephone calls a year, assists with Economic Development, distributes over 23,000 pieces of promotional material on an annual basis, meets and greets over 4,000 people annually at the Chamber office. Become a member of an organization that is working for you! To take advantage of the many benefits that becoming a Medford Chamber Of Commerce member offers, call our office at (715) 748-4729 during regular business hours or email us at email@example.com.
16 Reasons To Join The Chamber Of Commerce
The Medford Area Chamber of Commerce is the number one business organization in the area! To illustrate how we will work for you, here are 16 great reasons to join!
1. Business Referrals – The Chamber makes every attempt to refer ONLY Chamber members to the thousands of requests received each month. Don’t be left out!
2. Business Contacts – We offer numerous opportunities each year for members to make business contacts. The Ambassador Golf Outing and Recognition Banquet are just a couple of examples.
3. Home & Business Expo – The Home & Business Expo takes place each spring and offers thousands of attendees an opportunity to see firsthand the services located in the area. Plan to be on hand to display your business to the community.
4. Newsletter – The Chamber Newsletter provides monthly up-to-date information on all the happenings, programs, projects, and activities of your busy organization. It also includes any pertinent “positions” that your organization has taken on and also any items of community and business interest. Monthly sponsorship of the newsletter is also available and allows your organization to include an insert which is distributed to over 450 Chamber Members.
5. Committees – The Chamber offers opportunities for direct involvement on numerous committees. Some of our committees include: Economic Development, Education, Membership Services, Ambassadors, Public Relations – just to name a few.
6. Education Involvement – The Chamber is actively involved in creating Business / Education partnerships through its Education Committee. Some projects include: Education Outings, Job Shadowing, and Project Business.
7. Community Involvement – Community events include: Harvest Days, Children’s Christmas Corner, Lighting of the Lights, Golf Outing, Home & Business Expo, and many other events.
8. Seminars & Programs – The Chamber regularly offers seminars of timely interest. Previous topics have included: health care costs, environmental concerns, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Myers/Briggs Type Indicator Test and customer service. Nominal fees.
9. Leadership Development – Each year the Chamber sponsors the Leadership Medford program, which is designed to offer leadership skills to active community participants. Plan to find out how to become more involved within the Medford area.
10. Legislative Representation – Chambers across the nation are becoming proactive to the needs of small businesses and they are hard at work ensuring those needs are met. We do the work for you whether it is City, County or State issues.
11. Economic and Industrial Development – The Chamber is continually working toward expanded development in the Medford area, addressing such critical concerns as improved transportation, airport promotion, and retention of business and industry. Other areas include: promotion of Taylor County, the Day Care issue and saluting business and industry here in Medford. We also promote and organize local job fairs.
12. Tourism – We are the managing office for Taylor County Tourism. We also provide brochures for Taylor County, the State of Wisconsin, and each county in the state.
13. Recognition Banquet – Our Annual Recognition Banquet honors employees, milestone businesses, J.A. O’Leary Award winners, Person of the Year and Lifetime Achievement awards.
14. Member Programs – Include Gift Certificates, Secret Shoppers, Ribbon Cuttings, Legislative Updates and the Chamber Newsletter
15. City of Medford – We are the clearinghouse for all requests for Hotel/Motel Tax and for D.O.C. loans.
16. Link To Websites – The Chamber of Commerce is usually the first place contacted when information about the community, its businesses, recreation and other facilities is desired. Chamber members with their own Web site can take advantage of this attribute by receiving a free link from our Web site to yours through our Chamber Directory.
Statement of Purpose
A community begins with a location, but doesn’t end there, because “community” is much more than just geography. A community is people…people living, people dying, people buying, people selling, people working, people teaching, people learning and people retiring after their life’s work to enjoy the fruits of their labor. A community must be nourished and kept vital if it is to realize its fullest potential. That’s part of what your Chamber of Commerce does. Your Chamber of Commerce is committed to improving Medford and the Medford Area “Community”. We want to strengthen the civic, cultural, recreational and educational choices for everyone in the community. We actively seek expansion of business and industry to strengthen the economic choices for employment for you and your family. We actively seek improvements to the Medford Area Community to provide a better place for you to live and work. We actively promote Medford to anyone who is interested. We think that Medford is a great community and want to keep it that way. Won’t you join us in our quest for progress.